Saturday 29 September 2012

Learning from Challenge #1

So, Oliver and Leroy turned out to live in New York and they met in the rain and because of a taxi. You can read about them (and Leroy's obscene mouth) here.

In the end, writing the story (and some minor editing) turned out to take an hour and a half and no alcohol. I am such a good girl!

Here are some things I learned:

1. I need to start out the story with the 'real words', not notes, because I will then get into the flow and have to rewrite everything in the end
2. I need to have more faith into my imagination and that I WILL think of something (that was much easier than expected)
3. 1,000 words are not a lot. Maybe I should try to just concentrate on one scene or increase my word limit
4. Present tense sucks
5. After reading years of m/m erotica, writing it is not half as difficult as I imagined it would be!

Already looking forward to tomorrow and three more words. Good night for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my work, I really appreciate your input! Your comment will be posted after I have reviewed it. If you would rather like to email me directly, please feel free to get in touch via clara.farnell@gmail.com!